Thank you!

I never thought much about my word processing program (MS word) and I certainly never thought that a different one would help me in writing my novel. But five years in, I’m so grateful I saw the review in the NY Times Magazine, so happy I decided to give Scrivener a whirl and I now find myself in the happy position of keeping myself from boring my friends by telling them how a bit of software is really helping me with the writing process—first, in simple, structural ways; and second, on a psychic level: being able to look at the entire project laid out on a corkboard, being able to track the progress and write notes to myself THAT CAN BE EASILY AND ROUTINELY RETRIEVED – it’s really a revelation. Dear KB, please do feel good about yourself and this thing you have created: your software is helping me write and giving me peace of mind. These two things may well be one and the same or spring out of one another, but anyway: Thank you. So much!

Thank you. :slight_smile: Glad you like it and that it’s helping!
All the best,
Keith

I just wanted to chime in here and add my Thank You as well… I’ve just worked my way through the excellent tutorial and was hooked, so I instantly purchased the software - but this does lead me to one question…

…having purchased Scriviner, how many machines am I entitled to install this on? I have an iMac at home, and a macbook for on the road, and I’d like to be able to use it on both. Is this possible, or does it require a second purchase?

Hi Tane, thanks for the praise! In answer to your question, be sure to check out the licence info that is copied in the Help file, but basically, yes, you are absolutely fine to use it on both with one licence. The licence is a “household” one, meaning that you can install it on any machine that you use personally, as well as your wife’s and kids’ if they live in the same house as you. Essentially, as long as you’re not installing it on lots of machines for use by people who don’t live with you, you are fine. I hate software that makes me buy more than one licence just to use it on more than one machine when it’s only me or my partner using it. (Even MS Office Home now lets you install on three machines, I was relieved to discover.)
All the best,
Keith

Brilliant, thank you Keith (and such a swift response)… I was also pleasantly surprised to find that I could install my copy Office 08 on more than one machine - these are hallowed times :smiley:

Now to get back to Scrivener and work on that novel :wink:

Keith,

I can’t tell you how impressed I am with your attitude and the way you market Scrivener. It’s true that Scrivener is a terrific program. But you’ve gone much further: you’ve priced it very fairly, you take into consideration user concerns and ideas, and now I see that your license allows Scrivener users a flexibility and freedom that makes all the sense in the world.

As a supporter and user of Scrivener, I couldn’t be happier.

—m.