The Kite Runner

I didn’t finish it yet, but it’s well-written and very interesting, although it’s not a type of book I usually read.
Did you read it or hear about it?

The novel has been a best-seller in the US for several years, and is extremely popular with book-study groups. The 2007 movie was not as good as the book (they never are), but still was very good, and was nominated for many awards. I can recommend them both.

Phil

I read it, despite my aversion to horribly sad books (ex Peter Pan), and I thought it was fantastic. I have not seen the movie, but I’ve heard only good things. One of these days I’ll get around to A Thousand Splendid Suns.

Note: I just realized that placing Peter Pan and The Kite Runner in the same level of sad is a rather insensitive thing to do…sorry about that :blush:

Bought the movie, watched it, stared blankly at the screen for a while after the credits.

The movie, which may end differently than the book, was damaged by what seemed to be a lack of actual “dealing” with the past. I think the best word is “trite” when considering the overall story.

I will admit to not being willing to read the book to find out if the problem is the movie or the story.

Yes, loved The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. ATSS was better in my opinion but both were quite good. Bittersweet.