The label for labels displays as the 1st custom label option

When right-clicking on a document or viewing the inspector in an open document, “Label:” is replaced with the first custom label option of the drop down. This happens even when no label has been selected, so it looks like everything has that label at a glance. Where it says “Pentat…oses)” it should say label:

The only thing that I can think of that I may have done differently than normal is that I created the labels before making several documents.

Any ideas as to what might be going on?

Edit: I’m using Scrivener 2 and am waiting for my upgrade from App Store to the Literature and Latte store conversion.

With the list of labels displayed as you do in your screenshots, click ‘edit’. It should only be in the text box where you re-named it from “Label” to “Pentateuch…”, not in the list of possible values to select from.

If that doesn’t make any sense, post a screenshot of the ‘edit’ view of your labels.

Thank you! I looked all over in preferences for this!

Glad that was helpful.

I think this stuff is present in the Project settings (accessed under the Project menu) somewhere, but it’s faster to get to this way. It’s good to be familiar with what you can set in the project settings, so I recommend a quick tour through that window.