The plot thickens

I’m NOT a writer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

[size=50](You would have to see the commercials to find the humor in the previous statement)[/size]

That s just dandy! Aint it!

… or you could be a secret agent, in which case they’d have given you a number, and taken away your name.

Come on folks, say hello to GTL
images-3.jpeg

GTL,

Please forgive the existence of vic-k, wock and me. We are allowed to be here through the graces of the illustrious scriverati. We are the +3. Women weep, men cry, and dogs fornicate with people’s legs when we are near. Avoid the 3 legged one, he is the ringleader.

If you feel the ship has sprung a leak the fearless captain KB will surely spring to the rescue if no other member of the can stem the flow. Mind you, a certain valuable resin named individual, while not the first mate, is likely to provide all the required guidance to correct the caulking, prime the bilge pump and set you to bailing your way back above the water line. The first mate is easily mistaken for the captain, but he keeps hie eye on all so be careful.

Since we broached the great portland divide by mentioning the impressive AmberV you should be forewarned that the scrivitus-portlandius seems to be prevalent species on board. That is once you eliminate all the crazies, kooks, and ausies. Runing a close race for second place in the population race is the “random”. From the philosophically minded bobueland to the 'roo terrorizing ausies the scriverati more closely approximate the “great melting pot” than the country that claims that title.

The unofficial code of the crewman here is simple:

1. Be considerate of the opinions of others. Especially when they are all wrong.
  2. Read the scriv manual then search the archives before asking most questions.
  3. Remember that vic-k is actually nuts.
  4. Be ready to learn and share what you know.

Welcome aboard! We all hope …

Wha … Damn that pigeon! Get back [size=75]here[/size] [size=60]you[/size] [size=40]foul[/size] [size=25]feather-duster![/size]

This made me laugh myself silly. I was cackling so loud that my partner wandered in from the kitchen to see if I had lost my mind. I don’t think me belting out ‘Secret Agent Man’ was necessarily the best way to reassure him.

Thanks for a good belly-laugh. I hear they’re therapeutic. I suppose that means this forum is good for me. A slightly frightening thought!

Ahh…words in jest Chéri…words in jest :open_mouth:
Le D :smiling_imp:

GTL Welcome aboard!

Beware and forewarned, sobriety is a rare thing around here!

The dog carries his own green colored spirit in his hollow leg. It has a bigger bite than him.

Hey Vic-k!

I ran into one of your relatives the other day.
SHe told me to tell you she said Hi!

Grrr! :smiling_imp: Nice legs!

Dear Salty Ones,

Thanks for the welcome, (aboard!)

Ships, Captain, first mate, caulking, bilge pump, bailing water … correct me if I’m wrong, but is there a pattern forming here?

Crazies, kooks, roo terrorizing Ausies and a valuable resin (Amber?)

I think I fall into the “random,” a lone thistle surrounded by roses.

As a newbie I promise to follow the unofficial code, as I don’t relish the thought of walking the plank, the cat or the hauling of the keel.

GTL (Gerry The Landlubber)

Dear Salty Ones,

Thanks for the welcome, (aboard!)

Ships, Captain, first mate, caulking, bilge pump, bailing water … correct me if I’m wrong, but is there a pattern forming here?

Crazies, kooks, roo terrorizing Ausies and a valuable resin (Amber?)

I think I fall into the “random,” a lone thistle surrounded by roses.

As a newbie I promise to follow the unofficial code, as I don’t relish the thought of walking the plank, the cat or the hauling of the keel.

GTL (Gerry The Landlubber)

[size=150]Ex[/size]-landlubber.

We were all landlubbers once…seems so long ago…all a bit hazey now.
Just a word in your shell-like: beware the Portlanders (bilge rattus rattus)

Migod, someone else as old as me.

Or did you see in in re-runs?

ps

youtube.com/watch?v=2Wwm2_JJ … re=related
youtube.com/watch?v=29JewlGs … re=related

Ahh Those were the days eh!:smiley:

Dear Vic-k, a favor if you please. Since you too were around the Patrick McGoohan days I wonder if you might be familiar with another mystery tv show. American and of later date I think and about a insurance claims expert of sorts. A man and his team that got unsolvable crimes to figure out so the insurance company wouldn’t have to pay out the insurance money for the stolen goods.
One episode was about a whole trainwagon, containing something valuable of course, being stolen while in motion!
I think the opening credits showed the hero rowing on a river or canal.
Anything that sounds familiar?

Magnus, dear friend,
Alas, nothing immediately springs to mind. But! No doubt I could spend the rest of the day, bringing my extraordinarily powerful, multifaceted intellectual capabilities to bear, on your request.

Should you experience excruciating pains in various areas of your anatomy, in the early hours of the Mon morning, twill be as a consequence of me, sticking pins into a Play-Doh effigy of your good self, whilst cursing you al the way to Hades and back, because Ive lay awake all night trying to remember the program`s name :imp:
Vic

Vic-k, spare the Play-Doh. It’s enough that I myself spend as much time before the screen making whole parts of my body go numb from it. No need to hasten the demise of the rest of my limbs.

Another tv series (show?), english this time. Set around the beginning of the 1900’s I would guess. An investigator of sorts whose name, (surname?) was Death. Or could be that he had another name altogether but used this name while infiltrating the usual suspects.

Sounds familiar?

And please, don’t spend any time on the net trying to find it/them, on my account. It was just that, since you’re so knowledgeable in these matters, maybe you might have seen it/them and therefore could give me a clue as to what these programs might be.

Someone else …?

Sounds like Lord Peter Wimsey, Dorothy Sayers’ detective … Peter Death Bredon Wimsey. If I remember rightly, in one of the stories (Murder Must Advertise?) he uses Death as a pseudonym to hide his real identity.

Mark