Themes

Hi - how do I change the theme of my Scapple from the default yellow and what themes are available if any?

TIA

This the one that I use: a very nice Solarised theme generously provided by another Scrivenista:

To make the settings your default for new documents, make sure to click the Set as Defaults button in the bottom of the Documents tab of the Inspector.

Thanks

Dr Dog - I followed the instructions on that page, but am unable to open that file.
I tried Format → Note Style → Import Note Styles, but the file is greyed out.
And I tried just opening it but get

AmberV - where can I get the coffee mug and other styles featured by L&L?

I think they might have misunderstood you, since that link goes to a Scrivener theme. Scapple doesn’t have themes, it wouldn’t really work well with that idea since half of the appearance is saved into the document and the other half in preferences.

I don’t know mean by styles, but we sell coffee mugs here. :slight_smile:

I did. Sorry. I read all of the L&L forum `active topic’ posts on one page and didn’t notice the sub-forum.

I’m not sure that Scapple needs themes … does it?

Yeah, that’s why it doesn’t have them. It was something we tossed around back during the design phase, but it’s too much infrastructure for too little benefit (and I suspect most people just set things up the way they like, settling down on one look).

Thanks AmberV

This page shows several different styles of Scapple

literatureandlatte.com/scapple.php

(The coffee one being the binder one with the mug stain on it)

Aren’t those just background images?

They seem to show different styles of connectors / fonts / notes + a background image and I wondered if these came built into Scapple as what I would call a Theme ?

Unless I’m misunderstanding…

That coffee one isn’t a actually a theme (or even scapple) - that’s showing a diagram hand drawn on paper and then the corresponding Scapple implementation of the same thing. You can see that clearer when viewed at full size:

literatureandlatte.com/gfx/s … tal-lg.jpg