Three-finger tap to look up not working in 2.3?

I just updated from version 2.0.1 to version 2.3, only to find that the “three-finger tap to lookup in dictionary” gesture no longer works. As a translator, this gesture has become essential to me. I succeeded in restoring Scrivener 2.0.1 from my backup, but it would be great to have this gesture working in 2.3… Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

Nothing has changed in this regard (this is a system feature, not a Scrivener feature), and it still works fine for me, so I’m not sure what to suggest here, I’m afraid.

Working as normal on my MBA with 10.8 and the latest version of Scrivener.

Have you had a look if anything has changed in ? Have you installed any other software on 10.8 after which it stopped, and which has hijacked the gesture? For instance, I have had to turn off all the shortcuts for Evernote, as they have interfered with shortcuts I use regularly in my mail program, NWP, etc.

Mark

Edit: When trying it out for the first time just now — it’s not something I normally use, as I have Crtl-Cmd-D set up to do it … perhaps I can use it at reassign that shortcut within Scrivener — I had to do the tap twice. Mind you, of course, I forgot that it would have to load Dictionary in the background and when I thought it was not working after one tap, it was actually doing the load.

Thank you for your quick responses!

Encouraged by the fact that this feature was working for you I simply redownloaded and reinstalled Scrivener 2.3, and now it is working for me! :smiley:

Thank you again!