I got annoyed with a commercial product for timelining Scrivener, but still needed something to help me keep everything in order and to visualize it. So, perhaps as the ultimate displacement activity, I wrote one.
- Works with the Scrivener project open
- Reads existing metadata in Scrivener well (which is what annoyed me to begin with)
- Plots the meta’d docs on a zoomable/scrollable timeline
- Provides a quick inspector for timelined events
- Automatically Resyncs with Scrivener when the project changes, when both are open
- Can put you in the selected document in Scrivener (deep links)
All data is stored and edited in Scrivener; this is a viewer and visualizer, not a stand-alone tool.
It isn’t ready for prime time, but if you want to test it or try it, please drop me a line.