Timestamps.

What is the key stroke for entering just the time for a timestamp vs getting the time and the date. Thanks.

The time-stamp command can be used to update automatically a template in a file with a new time stamp every time you save the file. Customize the hook before-save-hook to add the function time-stamp to arrange this. It you use Custom to do this, then time-stamp is conveniently listed as an option in the customization buffer.

The time stamp is updated only if the customizable variable time-stamp-active is on, which it is by default; the command time-stamp-toggle-active can be used to toggle it. The format of the time stamp is set by the customizable variable time-stamp-format.

Tanyaa
Social Network Advertising

Hmm. I just want to enter the time anywhere in my text. For example. ctrl+t and get 12:36pm added to my text. Versus the *&^%D you have to press today to get the date and time.

Ctrl-T already does something, it transposes the two letters around the cursor. *&^%T on the other hand, looks free (ha). Perhaps if you post a request in the wish list board it will be considered. Right now, Scrivener only has a command for Date + Time. If you do a lot of this sort of thing, you might wish to look into using one of these type expansion tools (Typinator, Textexpander, etc.). Most of them allow you to create date/time short-cuts with ease, along with character names, URLs, and so on.

You may install WordService, Freeware from Devon Technologies.

http://www.devon-technologies.com/products/freeware/services.html

Using this service you can enter timestamps (with or without date, you have several choices) in any text with a keystroke.

Ursula