Title Page information is offset

When I compile for Kindlebook everything looks okay except that my title and author info seems to be offset to the right a little (not right-justified) when I view the ebook in a Kindle desktop PC reader.

I have checked the text entered for this and it’s set to be centered.

What can I do to correctly center the title page information?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

–boudreaux

A few things to check:

• Ensure that the title page is set to compile as-is or that it is at a different level from your other documents of the same type and has its own centred formatting set in the Formatting area of compile;.

• Check to see if there is a first-line indent (or any indent) set for the lines in the ruler, since that would put it off-centre. Format > Show Ruler will display this in the editor; ensure the triangle markers are at the edges.

• Make sure you don’t have a tab character accidentally in there; Format > Options > Show Invisibles

• Check for any unnecessary tables–some of the title page documents in the project templates use a border-less table to arrange the information, but tables are a bit sketchy on ebooks, and you probably don’t need that anyway (it’s typically so you can have your address, etc. left aligned at the top and your word count at the top right, which you wouldn’t want in this case). Try right-clicking in the text in the editor and see if the context menu offers a “Table” menu at the bottom. If it does, you can select Table Properties from within that to colour the borders so you can see the boundaries of the table, then select and copy all the text inside and use Edit > Paste and Match Style to paste it, without the table formatting, outside of the table. You can then delete the table and its contained text and adjust the formatting of the pasted text as necessary.