Titled Scene with No Page Break

When I send a DOCX file to my editor, it helps to have the scene names in it (for when I want to move her changes back into Scriv. For example, this is how a DOCX file looked when using V 2:

With V3, I’m having trouble adding the title to the scene without also having a page break. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks.

Of course. Just adjust the separator used for the applicable section layout. Details in the PDF.

Section links and document identifiers might also be useful in relation to your editorial workflow.

Slàinte mhòr.

Section links and document identifiers.pdf (72 KB)

Separators.pdf (363 KB)

I’m sorry, I’m not understanding.

You mean that instead of choosing a section layout that includes the title, I should use a separator to display the title of the scene? Is there some variable or something?

Thanks.

No, I found the solution: I just choose the regular section text for the scene, but choose to include the title in the section layouts.

I saw your first message and wrote the following, then saw your second message and realised that you have already found a solution. Still posting this as it might help someone else in the future.

+++

In the sample project attached, we have a compile format called For Al – Scene Titles.

Scenes are assigned a section type called Scene.

Scene is assigned a section layout called Titled Section.

We set the separator for Titled Section as a Single Return or an Empty Line, rather than a Page Break.

We edit Section Layout > Titled Section to have the formatting we want.

Hope this helps.

Slàinte mhòr.

Al.pdf (67.2 KB)

Al.zip (347 KB)