Token for document(s) being edited, in editor's title bar

Greetings – I’d like Scrivener to display its usual shaded document token in the editor’s title bar, and enable that token to be dragged to a new location in the binder. Thus we’d have instantly accessible drag and drop tokens for the documents we’re editing.

Right now, if we’re editing a document, and we’ve scrolled within the binder to the place we’d like the document to go, we must “Reveal in Binder” and then drag the document while navigating back to its intended destination in the binder. It’s a cumbersome process in a complex, deeply nested project.

One workaround is to select a second document at random in the binder, via Ctrl-Click. The editing pane will then display a two-item corkboard or outliner, enabling the user to scroll within the binder at leisure, and then drag the document from the corkboard/outliner pane.

But it would easiest to have the drag token instantly reachable for easy relocation. An alternative to an editor or inspector token would be to have a split binder with one section displaying anchored items: shortcuts to favorite documents and to the most recent documents edited. Either approach would be a good step up.

Thanks for considering. – Jerome

Update: what I called Title Bar is actually, in Scrivener’s parlance, the Header.

Also, when we’re editing a document and switch into corkboard view, why not show the synopsis card for that document? It’s an object to edit or to drag into the binder. Of what utility is an empty corkboard? :slight_smile:

I’m not sure this is possible, because the controls Scrivener uses to show the binder title and icon (the latter of which is a pull-down menu) aren’t really draggable. It’s not a bad idea, though, so I’ll look into it.

This wouldn’t make any sense, since the corkboard is there to show you the subdocuments of the selected document. As to its utility, you can drag documents into it from the binder, thereby adding subdocuments to the document.

All the best,
Keith

Ah, makes sense. And there’s always the workaround. Thanks, Keith.