Tool to convert new projects to old format?

I could use a tool to convert the new project format to the old format.

I upgraded to 2.7 on my iMac without realising that the new project format is incompatible with older versions. Now I can’t edit my new projects on my usual laptop, which is still running OS X 10.5 which I need to run certain old software for which no up-to-date equivalents exist.

If I were to upgrade the laptop to say 10.6, I would lose the ability to run that old software, and be out of pocket for the price of 10.6 (inexpensive but inconvenient).

On the other hand, if I were to downgrade to Scrivener 2.6 on the iMac (assuming that’s possible), I would be able to create new projects which I could edit on the laptop, but I’d lose my last few days’ work in 2.7, and I’d be unable to accept further Scrivener updates.

I’d be a lot happier if there were a simple way to convert the new project format to the old.

When you opened your projects in 2.7 and it updated them to the new format, it created a back-up in the original format first in the same folder as the other, so when you go back to 2.6, find that, rename it to avoid confusion and work with that.

If you have done work on the project in 2.7 in the meantime, export the documents you have changed and re-import them into your new 2.6 version.

HTH

Mr X

How about adding a function to Scrivener to export projects as the old format?

Or an AppleScript to do the conversion?

It’s been a few days, and I don’t have a satisfactory solution, so I’ll try email support.