Toolbar & icon size

Hello, I have just installed Scrivener on my new laptop (Windows 8 ) and I’m having some minor problems: For some reason, all icons in the toolbar and on the bottom of the page have become very small. I can hardly make them out. Also all drop-down menus (like in Corkboard Options) are so small they obscure the text.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

I have the exact same problem. I downloaded Scrivener on my new Lenovo laptop with Windows 8.1 and the icons are unbelievably small. I’ve noticed this with a few installation windows and option screens on my laptop too, so I don’t think it’s an issue exclusive to Scrivener, but I have no idea how to fix it.

I’ve tried disabling display scaling in the compatibility settings of the program. That didn’t work. I also tried changing the icon sizes in the fonts settings in Scrivener’s own option menu. That didn’t work either.

I know this is an old thread but it hasn’t been answered and I’m really hoping I can fix this problem.

Just downloaded this on my new Windows 8 Dell.

The icons are so small that it is not usable for me. Also the “Binder” window is very very small only taking up maybe 1/100th of the available horizontal space of my screen, making everything abbreviated. I for the life of me cannot figure out how to make the Binder area bigger and useable.

As of now the program is not usable and I am extremely frustrated. Will attempt to return the program if changes cannot be made.

I am having the same issue. I have a Lenova on Windows 10. I haven’t had this problem with any other programs except Scrivener. It is unusable with the icons as they are.

I wish someone from support would address this issue.

See scrivener.tenderapp.com/help/kb … i-displays

SpringfieldMH - You are AWESOME! Thank you so much! :smiley:

I emailed Literature & Latte about this problem after I first downloaded the software and they told me it had to do with HiDPI displays. It is something that they “hope to fix in the future” but they can’t be more specific with a timeline for their developers. They gave me a couple of workarounds that I didn’t care for so instead I’m using a magnifier app (I’m using a Surface 4 Pro) to see the icons, binders, and all the other stuff that is too tiny to read. It’s not a perfect solution - in fact it’s rather annoying - but I was so excited about all the features I was going to get that I purchased Scrivener before I used the 30 day trail period. I really do want to have all the features that everyone raves about, so I’m sticking with it rather than asking for a refund.

I’m still learning the software but I hope it is everything I expected it to be since it looks like I’ll have to use the magnifier for a long time to come.
Barbara

I tried this, going through it twice to be sure I had followed instructions. The icons and general meta data panels are still unusable. I’ve been using this software for several years, purchasing for three different laptops. I’m disappointed that I now need to find a new program with which to write.