Toolbar icons gone

I’ve just installed Scrivener 2.2, and relaunched it. All of the icons are gone in the toolbar.
chapter 4.jpg

Right click (or control click) in the toolbar and choose “Icon & Text” or “Icon Only”. That ought to work unless something really bizarre has happened …

That’s already selected. Something really bizarre has happened.

Well, I’m no expert, but I think I’d try restarting the computer – you never know – and / or downloading again and re-installing. I don’t think it’s a bug because my update is OK. Best of luck!

Had a bit of trouble. I rebooted and that did nothing. When I first tried to download and install the program again, I got an alert message saying I couldn’t, because the “ScrivenerMetaDataImporter” was in use. And my whole system was very slow.

But now, a few minutes later, I tried again, and the program installed. Seems to be fine now.
And the system seems back to normal.

I’m glad it seems to be working again. Whenever I get problems I tend to try a series of simple things first, on the assumption that there is so much going on in a computer that one should be surprised when it goes right, rather than surprised when it does not. I anthropomorphise, but I sometimes think they need a rest, or a bit of time to sort themselves out after a change!

Cheers,
Martin.