Total progress in Outline Mode not showing... progress :)

Hey guys :smiley:
I’m new to these parts, and rather new to Scrivener too!
I’ve been using the trial and have fallen in love and so today, bought the full version which is all rather exciting I’ve gotta say!

I just have a little question, that I’m hoping someone might be able to help me with.

The progress bars don’t seem to be colouring up in my Outline Mode and I’m wondering if I’m missing something? As far, as I can work out there’s nothing I need to do and have googled the issue etc, but for the life of me can’t work it out.

Really hope someone can help and much appreciation in advance :smiley:

~Ally~
Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 17.41.01.png

Just a P.s. to my post which I thought might be helpful. The ‘Project Target’ function is showing the progress when I set it to my preferences. Not sure if that means anything in relation to my first post but just in case… :slight_smile:

Many thanks again for your help :slight_smile:
Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 18.34.44.png

This is going to sound a little Zen, but for progress to be made there must be an end in sight. :slight_smile:

[size=80]Documents without a “Target” have an infinite amount of work ahead.[/size]

Also note there are two types of progress bar, one that counts the current document only, and another (what you have in your screenshot) that counts not only the current document, but all of the subdocuments nested beneath it as well—making it useful for things like chapter counts where a chapter might be comprised of 15 subdocuments or so, but you don’t really care to track each little chunk of text individually, it’s the total chapter word count that matters. It doesn’t hurt to use a “Total Progress” bar on single documents though, since the total count of course includes the document itself. The choice is mainly there for when you don’t want a sum of child items.

Thanks for giving the software a trial; glad to hear it’s working out well so far!