tracking seasons

Hi I am writing a long novel and I was wondering if someone could suggest the best way for tracking seasons or time with scrivener. I am wondering if there is a way to do that visually in the binder?
Thanks so much

Edit the “Label” meta-data — in the “General” section of the right hand pane — by assigning colors to Seasons, rather than to “Idea” and “Notes” and so so. Then in “View,” assign Label colors to the Binder. (You can work with the four traditional seasons, or expand it to as many elements as you can find distinct colors for.) That will color-code the binder accordingly.

You can do a similar thing with Custom Meta-data, but this is the only way I know to show it in the Binder.

As for time, you might do better to establish a custom meta-data entry for it; there, you can enter any sort of time points you want.

ps

If you’re really trying to keep track of a time line, you might investigate Aeon Timeline, which was developed to interface with Scrivener by adding it’s dates to each relevant document’s custom metadata. I haven’t used it myself, but the designer worked closely with our little community and with Keith to make sure it fit with the needs of most writers.

Thank you so much !