Tracking time spent on a scrivener text/folder

Dear Scrivener devs,

I hope this was not suggested before (have not found it in the forum).
My feature suggestion is simple: in the “Outline” view it would be helpful to have a column “total time spent on” for each text/folder. This would show the parts of the manuscript that required more energy, and - for scientists - a marker for when it’s good time to pass that paragraph/section to a coauthor :slight_smile:

best
Enrico

I see you are using the Mac and Linux. This hasn’t come to the Linux version yet, but on the Mac you can create custom meta-data and add it as a column to the Outliner. Check in the Project/Meta-Data Settings... menu, “Custom Meta-Data” tab. Once you’ve added a field, you can check it out in the Inspector (it’s the suitcase tag icon) or add it as a column with the View/Outliner Columns/ sub-menu.

Hi Amber

thank you for your reply. Do you happen to know how can I set that time is tracked automatically using the custom metadata field? I.e. monitoring the fact that to write a certain part of a manuscript it took X minutes?

best
Enrico

I’m sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were looking for a way to allocate or budget time. There is no way to “track” your activity inside of a project. That doesn’t realy fit into the goal of the software.