Trial Work Disappeared

Hello! Last night I downloaded the trial software and, after going through the tutorial, excitedly started some work in Scrivener. When I clicked on it today, the work appears to be gone! When I clicked “open a current project,” it just showed me the file that I’d imported from (but it was grayed out…) there was no binder, nothing! Help! Did I lose that work? I am planning to buy your product, but thought that a 30-day trial meant that I could work on something w/o losing it for 30 days?
Thanks for any help you can offer!

Best,
Kellye

Boy, do I feel stupid. Just found it by searching for .scriv. I just got a new computer and things aren’t going where I expect. Sorry to bother you! I’m going to buy you’re very cool product!
Best,
Kellye

Glad you found it! As you’ve no doubt surmised by now, Scrivener stores your projects in individual project files on your system (Documents by default). Each book or project should have its own project file for Scrivener to work best, and a lot of people set up smart folders that search for .scriv so they can keep things scattered into organised folders by project, but can quickly find them all when needed.

And no, the trial doesn’t limit you in any way except to disable itself after thirty days of work (as opposed to thirty days from first running it). It’s a very generous trial, but I suspect most people don’t even use the whole thing. :slight_smile: