Trick to delete whole word or line in Mac text

Ok, so this is probably known to many of you out there, but just in case there are others who are as slow on the uptake as I am (unlikely, I know) I thought I’d post the link:

hints.macworld.com/article.php?s … 3075957110

Cheers, Martin.

Just one more place where OS X’s text handling is strangely spotty. Cmd-backspace wipes out everything from the caret position to the beginning of the current soft-wrapped line; returning you to the end of the prior soft-wrapped line. There is no way to delete to the beginning of the paragraph. Meanwhile there is no way to delete to the end of the current soft-wrapped line. Cmd-delete doesn’t work (at least not on my laptop which requires a Fn key to access the delete key). And while you can delete to the end of the paragraph with Ctrl-k, as said, there is no way to go the other way with the typical matching pair to Ctrl-k: Ctrl-u. We can only delete to the beginning of the soft-wrapped line or the end of the literal paragraph. :slight_smile:

Weird!

Anyway, I’ve added a whole bunch more of these to the manual (which isn’t updated on the support page yet on accounts of there being feature changes in the upcoming release—but it is in the latest beta).