trouble backing up file to thumb drive

I felt sure I would find the answer to this problem in old posts but after trying the suggestions I found (emptying trash, quitting and restarting scriv) I’m still unable to backup to my thumb drive. I can backup to my hard drive and external drive fine but the paranoid in me likes this extra third layer of backup. Thoughts? Advice? Thanks very much.

How long since you re-formatted your thumb drive?

Dave

When you say “backup to”, do you mean directly from Scrivener, or just copying the backup zip file (or entire Scriv project) onto the drive in Finder?

If you are trying the former, do the latter and see if it works. If not, can you copy other files onto the drive? Does it have sufficient space?

Sorry if you have already considered all this, but sometimes we can overlook the easy things (I know I do it regularly). At least that way you can see if it is a problem with the thumb drive itself.

Matt

Oh, boy, how embarassing! I’ve essentially been cursing the toaster and considering hiring electricians when all I needed to do was plug the damn thing in. As you suggested, Matt, I simply needed to clear out space on the thumb drive. Thanks for your help.

I’ll slink off back to work now.

Now that you are feeling completely foolish, at least you aren’t the person who rang up for tech support at my work (for a software program we developed)… we had to explain to him what “click the button” meant (i.e. move the mouse until it is on top of the rectangle, etc).

Reminds me of that well known IT tech support joke…

“Are you sure you’ve plugged it in at the wall?”
“Yes, I’m sure. Do you think I’m an idiot?”
“Well check the connection in the back of your computer.”
“I can’t.”
“Why not?”
“It’s dark.”
“Well turn the light on.”
“I can’t.”
“Why not?”
“Power blackout.”