Trouble with compile - chapters aren't appearing

Hi all,

Forgive me if this has been addressed already, but I’m in a bit of a hurry to get my draft compiled and it’s not working for me.

My manuscript is set up with three folders and text pages (A prologue, Part One and Part Two). The titles of the text pages are the chapters.
So it’s
Folder Prologue
text document titled Prologue
Folder Part One
text document titled Chapter 1
text document titled Chapter 2

and so on.

But when I compile it the chapter headings don’t appear. So the text just comes out like one big document rather than a document with individual chapters.

How can I fix it? I’ve gone over the options and I can’t figure it out.

I also need to submit this draft in Times New Roman, and I’m not sure how to do that.

Thanks so much for your quick response. I appreciate it so much.

You might save yourself some time in the long run by reviewing Chapter 24 in the manual, which covers the Compile function. It’s a very powerful feature, but as a result has a lot of options.

The File -> Compile -> Formatting pane lets you choose which elements of the files to include. So make sure that the “title” box for the appropriate outline level is checked if you want to include the titles for your individual chapters.

This pane also lets you change the text and title formatting, using the formatting preview pane. However, if you just want to change the font it would be faster to use the Compile -> Quick Font Override pane.

Katherine

That fixed it! Thank you!