Trouble with <$rst_figure> (It's not working for me)

Hello, I’m doing something simple wrong. Thanks for the help.

<$n:chapter:Introduction><$rst_figure><$rst_table>
… words …
Figure<$n#chapter:Introduction>-!fig(myfig)
… words …
<$n:chapter:anotherchap><$rst_figure><$rst_table>
… words …
Figure<$n#chapter:anotherchap>-!fig(anotherfig)
… words …

I’m expecting Figure 1-1 and Figure 2-1 but I am getting Figure 1-1 and Figure 2-2

Please see the attached figure for my compiler replacements

[attachment=0]compilerreplacements.jpg[/attachment]

Are the resets in text, or in a section layout Prefix? Move it to the Prefix, if it isn’t there already. If that works, report the bug that it doesn’t work in text … but you’d have it working. If it’s in the Prefix now, move it to text. Also meat for a bug report.

It looks like the bug is with named streams that include an instance name as well. If I use <$n:fig> then the value resets as expected, but <$n:fig:figurename> will not reset.

This simple test project demonstrates the difference in behaviour.

Thank you. That solution is not good for me because I would like to reset the count in some sections and not others.Scrivener has a steep learning curve, so I cut corners and made my chapters and sub chapters all the same Section Type.

Dear Amber, Yes, that looks like an excellent example. Thank you for isolating the bug. It is important to name the figures but I can wait for the bug to be fixed

Unnamed Figures 1 1.1 1.2 2 2.1 2.2 3 3.1 3.2 Named Figures 1 1.1 1.2 2 2.3 2.4 3 3.5 3.6

The instance names are required for back references, right?

Yes, that is how you would refer to a figure by its specific handle.

Just in case it wasn’t clear, since there seems to be some confusion: I was isolating the nature of the bug so that the developers could look at it. Obviously if you need anchor names you need anchor names, and not using named counters is not a workaround. It was not offered as a solution.

Dear Amber,

Of course, and thank you for that. Unfortunately, I do a great deal of post-processing in Word so it is very easy to search-and-replace the anchor names until the bug is fixed.

Will you report the bug to the developers or do I need to do something?

Thank You,
Michael

No worries, we’ve already got a ticket added for it!