Tuning your LaTeX output

Hi,

I’m using a ‘standard’ Scrivener / MMD / TeXShop setup. I would like to include a Table of Contents in the resulting output, and also force some translations of labels (e.g. “Chapter” to the Dutch “Hoofdstuk”).

On the web I’ve found I will probably have to use commands like:

\clearpage \contentsname{Inhoudsopgave} \tableofcontents

and:

\renewcommand{\chaptername}{Hoofdstuk}

I’ve manually added these commands to the TeX output, and it works. But I don’t want to keep doing that before every ‘compile’ from TeX to PDF. What would be the best approach to make these settings once and keep on using them?

I’m not at all handy in LaTeX or XSLT, so please be detailed in your suggestions.

Thanks!

%!TEX TS-program = pdflatex \documentclass{book} \usepackage[dutch]{babel} \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} \begin{document} \tableofcontents \chapter{Test} \end{document}

If you’re not satisfied with the translations provided by babel’s ‘dutch’ option, you should read this:

[tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2htm ... latexwords](http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=latexwords)

You have to modify the XSLT files in ~/Library/Application Support/MultiMarkdown/XSLT. Just browse this section of the forum, it gets all explained here :smiley:

Or use ‘latex-snippet.xslt’ (MultiMarkdown Settings… key=“LaTeX XSLT”, value=“latex-snippet.xslt”). This XSLT file creates a LaTeX subdocument, that you can load from within a .tex master file:

\begin{document}
\input{Untitled}
\end{document}