Type size issue in iOS 15 / hang on text selection

Yes. In the body all font size was cut in half. I used 17pt, now it’s about 10. When I go to change it with ‘select all’ everything freezes including keypad. I have to close the app to be able to use it. Also, the word count at the top of the screen turns blue. When I adjust type size through Settings/Accessibility it will adjust the type size in the sideboard. I have saved my writings then reinstalled the program. No change.

When you say it is about 10, does that mean you’re eyeballing it, rather than using the format brush tool to examine the point size precisely? If the former, try using the “pinch” gesture to zoom the text.

When I go to change it with ‘select all’ everything freezes including keypad. I have to close the app to be able to use it.

Does this happen anywhere or just one context? I would for example reset the tutorial (via the Help button in the project screen), and then try the same action there.

Also, the word count at the top of the screen turns blue.

That at least is normal, it indicates it is counting the selection, which in your case is the entire thing, so the number wouldn’t change anyway.

In my frustration I forgot I posted. 10 was on the inspector. The freezing is happening to any part of all three manuscripts. I’ve copied all files then deleted and reinstalled Scrivener. I pasted the files back. Same problem. I ended up compiling as pdf, converting to word, making the formating changes in needed. I uninstalled and reinstalled Scrivener again and set up a new draft then finally copying and pasting one manuscript in parts. I haven’t done anything with the other manuscripts (with Scrivener) because I think there might be some issue that carried over into the files and infect Scrivener all over again

I haven’t seen any other reports of the font size being cut roughly in half like that, so I don’t have much to go on, unfortunately. I’m not really sure how that could happen given how font sizes are stored in RTF—it wouldn’t normally, which combined with the lack of reporting on this, would indicate it’s a fairly specific problem that may be difficult to reproduce. If you have any sample material you could provide by way of a project backup from before you upgraded, that when loaded into Scrivener in iOS 15 demonstrates the problem, that would probably help us out a lot in figuring out what is going on.

If I understand you correctly, for future reference it would be a lot easier to go into Files.app and copy all of your projects out fully to another folder (or better yet, if you have a Mac or PC, do the backing up there). That way after you reinstall you can just copy everything back in as full projects rather than what it sounds like you did.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Scrivener again and set up a new draft then finally copying and pasting one manuscript in parts

If I take that literally, when you say parts do you mean whole parts of a book, like several chapters worth of text in a single binder item? I wonder if that might not explain the freezing issue you ran into earlier. If you’ve got say, 50,000 words in a single chunk of text, that would be pushing Scrivener beyond its design intent (which tilts more toward section/scence-sized pieces than even chapter-sized pieces, never mind whole parts).

Thank you. I’ll remeber to do this next time it happens