Typewriter scrolling like behavior for "arrow down" or other page navigation

Hi, I’d like to navigate within a document using the arrow down key (or some arbitrary command), and for the behavior to be like typewriter scrolling where the cursor stays at the center of the page and the text moves up or down. If I edit the document, the page automatically shifts up so that the edit is centered vertically. Is there a way to get the same behavior if I only move the cursor down or up a line on the page?

Basically, I want an automatic “command + J” (jump to selection) when I arrow-up or arrow-down when typewriter scrolling is active.

I was hoping to see a reply here because I am looking for the same feature. A lot of other apps work this way (Ulysses and Focused on Mac for example).

And it would be nice if the “Typewriter Scrolling” could start at the fixed position to begin with. The manual (15.3.4) states: “When enabled, the line you are typing on in the editor will advance only down to the middle of the screen (by default)”. Maybe there’s a technical limitation that explains this behavior. But it feels wrong.

There a couple of settings that adjust how typewriter scrolling works, both found in the Editing: Options preference pane.

By default Scrivener will use the current scroll position as the fixed point for where to scroll from as you write. We found this to be less intrusive when editing, than the behaviour that causes every keystroke to snap the text to a different point. One can always use ⌘J to bring the line back to the preferred vertical position if that is what they want.

But, if you prefer it be more strict, that is what the Typewriter scrolling always jumps to the scroll line is for.

That’s not going to act quite like originally described, but it will keep the typing position in one fixed location.