Typewriter scrolling via button etc. rather than preferences

del

Respectful vote against. Looks bloaty, to me.

EDIT: Especially since the text menu is already pretty huge; I think the menu deserves to have items moved out, rather than in.

del

I would say that is more or less precisely the case, yes.

del

I think that it is understandable, depending on how one works. I have found Typewriter Scrolling to be a bit of a bother when I am editing. When I click in an area and change something, it is a bit jarring to have everything suddenly shift. When actually writing, though, I like the feature very much. Thus I have taken advantage of the ability to have it enabled in Full Screen, but nowhere else. Since I do my editing in regular mode and my writing in full screen, anyway, it works out good for me at any rate, though I can certainly understand how other people would have different opinions.

Just to clarify, I will review this in the future, but not pre-1.0. I firmly believe that this is something that belongs in Preferences right now. I may change my mind, but we’ll see. Like AmberV, I like this option enabled in full screen, but not in the editor.
All the best,
Keith

del

I perfectly understand AmberV’s and Keith’s point of view, yet I think Maria’s suggestion deserves careful consideration, and should not be forgotten.