Ugly EPUB HTML

Hello my dear friends, I’m now compiling (or trying to compile) the final version of my manual on Scrivener 3 for Windows in french.

I have some difficulties to get “what I want” so I opened the project in Sigil.

The HTML is so ugly, I’m litterally trembling in fear of the work I have to do to make it “right”.

I corrected the fonts and sizes in the CSS, but now I’m in something I call the “style nesting horror show”. Let me explain :

I have paragraph styles for my “remark” blocks, and some character styles (ie “emphasis” or “Code span” for keyboard shortcuts). So I start a paragraph “remark style” and then put some words in emphasis style"
Plain text it looks like this :

Remarque : Microsoft Word, par exemple, affiche vos documents en mode normal, en mode page, en mode plan, par la prévisualisation d’impression, etc.

. It converts to :

Remarque : Microsoft Word, par exemple, affiche vos documents en mode normal, en mode page, en mode plan, par la prévisualisation d’impression, etc.

Uh?.. There should only be only one “” as it is a paragraph style and there is only one paragraph. And it does NOT shows correctly on the knindle at all, Its all messed up.

If I manually clean the code, it looks like

Remarque : Microsoft Word, par exemple, affiche vos documents en mode normal, en modepage, en modeplan, par la prévisualisation d’impression, etc.

and this shows up correctly formated on the kindle.

There are 7 or 8 " " useless and format breaking blocks that should not be here in this only “remark” paragraph. And hundreds of these paragraphs in my book.

So, my question :; is there any way to ask Scrivener to only translate “paragraph styles” in one "HTML block " by paragraph ?

Thank you