ui bug: status in outline

not sure if this has been reported, my internet connection tonight is simply horrible (insert: so horrible I’m attempting to post it the next day, with some difficulty), but:

In the outline view, if an item takes up more than a couple of lines (eg, a long synopsis), the status chooser centres the current selection from the list that appears in the centre of the outliner line, instead of over the control you click on to get that list.

I tried to supply an image but my above-mentioned crappy internet connection has denied my attempts to upload an image. I hope my description lets you find it!

Hi,

Yes, I am aware of this, though I don’t think there is anything I can do about it. The trouble is that when a table or outline view has different-sized rows, popup buttons want to centre themselves vertically. I have managed to change this behaviour so that the button is actually drawn at the top rather than in the centre (which just looks ugly), but unfortunately there seems no way to change it so that the menu gets placed at the top, too. So the menu draws itself around where it thinks the text is - in the middle.

I’ll continue looking for a solution, but I don’t know that there is one at the moment.

Thanks,
Keith

ok, thanks for explaining it. So it’s just a mac thing then? Seems kind of odd, I’ve been led to expect better from apple :slight_smile:

It’s not so much a Mac thing. It’s more that Apple only introduced support for tables with different row heights in Tiger, and so there are still some quirks around this.