Unable to add or edit text

I’m a bit baffled on this one, so I’m hoping that someone here can help.

I have been using Scrivener for a while now, and I love it, but recently it quit working. I can not edit text in the editor via the keyboard, and by this I mean that I can not add by typing, delete with a backspace or the delete button, add a new line with enter, etc. I simply have a blinking cursor and that is it. I can cut and paste through the menu, but keyboard shortcuts will not work.

I’m not sure if I’ve unwittingly checked or unchecked some setting, but I did try both resetting defaults and reinstallation, neither of which has resolved the issue.

Any thoughts?

Which version are you using?

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling it?

Is the beta pop-up or trial popup window getting backgrounded and you haven’t clicked through?

I am using Windows v. 1.0.3.

As mentioned in my previous post, I have tried both resetting the software to default and uninstalled and reinstalled. I’ve paid for the full version, so there is no trial pop-up, and I am also not getting a beta pop-up; the software was working correctly and then suddenly stopped.

I’m going to go ahead and download again and see if installing from a new file does anything to change it

Just a quick note to add that that didn’t work either…lol

Did you try reinstalling the C++ redistributable?

No, since I have no idea what that is…lol