Unable to drag to reorder binder items

I am using Scrivener 2.5 for OSX. In my project, I am unable to click and drag any items around in the binder or any other area. Is there a preference to enable/disable this feature? I tried starting a new project to see if the project itself was the cause, but the new project shows the same behavior. Also, different mice also have the same behavior (trackpad versus mouse).

Is there anything anyone can suggest I try to fix this or is an issue with Scrivener itself after the most recent update?

Thank you for your help.

Are you definitely viewing the binder (blue) and not the search results (striped)? Could you possibly show a screenshot?

All the best,
Keith

It is the binder.
Screenshot 2014-01-06 at 03.24.36 AM.png

Strange. There’s no preference for this - you should just be able to drag and drop. Have you tried quitting and restarting the program (in case an error was thrown somewhere in the background)?

Yes, I have. I even reinstalled Scrivener this morning. Is there a debug switch for the application I can pull logs from, maybe?

You can open up Console.app from Applications/Utilities and look for any error messages reported there. Could you possibly make a quick screencast showing the issue using QuickTime, too?
Thanks,
Keith

Thanks, will do as soon as I get home from work.

I rebooted my computer and it started working. Funny how a classic Windows fix worked on a Mac :slight_smile:

Thank you for you help, I love the product and really appreciate how quickly you answered my questions.

Weird - if it was an error in Scrivener then just quitting and restarting the app should have fixed it. Glad you’re up and running again, but let me know if you run into it again.

Thanks for the kind words!

All the best,
Keith

I know it’s too late now, but have you tried moving your items with the keyboard shortcut? (ctrl + cmd and then then cursors)