Unable to run Scrivener!

Hi all

The first time I installed Scrivener, it was fine. I loved using it. I then decided that my computer needed to be formatted because it was getting very slow. After reinstalling Windows XP (with service pack 3), Scrivener just will not load up!

It is installed, no problem there, but when I click it, it says;

‘This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.’

Well, I’ve done that numerous times and it still doesn’t work!

Can anyone please shed a little light on how I can solve this problem otherwise I’m going to have to go back to Word!

Thanks.

There is an information post [url]https://forum.literatureandlatte.com/t/xp-problems-running-scrivener-read-this-important-notice/8770/1] that gives you a solution to this.

Hope this helps!

Nathan

Nathan, you are a star!! :smiley:

It worked, now I don’t have to go back to Word! PHEW!! :laughing:

Thanks very much.

PS. I don’t suppose you know how to customise the size of the paragraph indentations do you? I’m still trying to figure that one out. Lol.

‘Page Setup’ doesn’t let me do anything. (Something to do with not having a valid printer but I’m not hooked up to one yet.) Not sure if that’s to do with a bug or just the lack of a printer at the moment.

If you could describe in more detail what you are trying to achieve in regard to customizing the size of the paragraph indentations, it would help us help you. :slight_smile:

Hi Jravan,

What I’m trying to do is set the paragraph indentation to 1 inch or so, but I don’t know how to do that.

If you have any ideas then that would be great.