Unable to Save as Template

Hi,

After working with scrivener on Windows and Mac (each newest versions), I structured a Novel template as 4 acts W-structure and wanted to save it as template (in Windows version).

I can do it, took the “belletristic” option, new template name and description.
2013-11-08 16_27_31-Scrivener - Roman W-Struktur.png

When I hit “OK”, the window just disappears, but no template has been written.

What can I do to make it work?

Thanks for your help.

• Martin

This may be related to a bug I noted yesterday where imported templates do not appear in the browser either. Given that the mechanism for saving a new template and importing one off of the disk are probably identical it is likely. This appears to be a display bug only. The template is there, it’s just not showing up. I was able to see the imported templates after a program restart. Does this work for you?

Negative. I downloaded the NaNoWriMo-Template and imported it as instructed. Everything worked well. After importing (from my regular download folder) I found the template in the templates folder under AppData…

Just to save a project as new template doesn’t work.

• Martin

Hi,

I’m having the same problem. When I save it the window closes OK but nothing appears either in the new project templates or in the %User%\AppData\Local\Scrivener\Scrivener\ProjectTemplates folder either.
As a fudge I’ve saved it as a generic project which I open and rename.