Unable to Upgrade trial to Purchased version.

The instructions after I purchased the windows package say to go to the help tab and register. I’m assuming these are directions for the mac version, because this does not exist on windows.

Instructions on how to upgrade:

Help screen in the trial version:

Clicking purchase brings me to the same page I already used to purchase.

The instructions also indicate there should be a “days left” message that pops up when I load scrivener, but since I did the NaNoWriMo trial, it lasts until December 7th I believe. There is a window that shows up, but it does not have a place to enter a license number into.

I understand that this is primarily a Mac app and that it was adapted for Windows, but seriously? There isn’t even a upgrade option in the Windows version? Or is it somewhere other than the instructions indicate, because if so, that should be updated.

I came here looking for a solution to the same issue. Like leifblohen, I’m using the NaNoWriMo trial version. I purchased the Windows package, but there is nowhere to enter the serial number and name. My drop down list looks just like what leifblohen posted. Please let us know how to upgrade to our purchased versions. Thanks!

I’m having this problem, too. Help!

See literatureandlatte.com/forum/vie … de#p207725

The download link for the regular trial version in that discussion points here
literatureandlatte.com/trial.php

P.S. I gather this is the NanoWrimo related offer/instructions re Scrivener
nanowrimo.org/winner-goodies

Thank you very much for the link to the other thread. It seems kind of backwards that you can’t register the NaNo version and I now have to install another trial version over top of my current trial one just to register it to a purchased version o.O

I really hope this doesn’t corrupt my backups/lose any text, I’m a bit nervous. We’ll see how it goes.

Just an update.

I used that link in my previous post, installed the “other” trial version directly over my NaNo trial (I didn’t have to uninstall anything or do anything other than a normal installation.

I had my NaNo Trial closed during this process.

When I opened Scrivener again, it gave me the enter serial number/name message and worked fine. As far as I can tell, nothing seems to be lost or corrupted. Fingers crossed for the future!

Edit: I also would suggest just backing up your project in a separate folder than the auto backup, just as a precaution. Good luck to future NaNo trial users!

Thanks for letting us know it worked! I’ll do this later today. (Not at a computer I can do it on at the moment.) :slight_smile: