Unexpected front matter results in .ebook compile

In 3.15 on MacOS Catalina 10.15.4

I can successfully compile my book as pdf, but am seeing unexpected results with ebook. The front matter files are:

My cover
Cover (from template)
Copyright
Dedication
Quotation
Table of Contents

The compile document displays as (issues in red):

Cover from template appears as Books opens, then disappears
Contents (NOT the actual toc, but a list of the files that were compiled; the file names are working links)
My cover
Copyright
Dedication
Quotation
Table of Contents

So the template cover makes an unwanted appearance, and there’s a bogus (but working) contents page at the beginning. I’ve tried moving the template cover to trash, but that has no effect, and the image in the file can’t be removed or replaced AFAICT. And, no idea where spurious contents file is coming from. Does anyone have any thoughts? Many thanks…

To define the cover for an ebook, use the “Cover” tab of the Compile command. In the right-hand pane of the main Compile screen, click the next-to-last icon. See Section 23.4.5 in the Scrivener manual for more information.

Similarly, the ebook Compile command automatically generates a table of contents by default. The right-most icon in the right-hand pane of the main Compile screen has the relevant options. See Section 23.4.6 in the manual.

Katherine

Thanks for the very quick response! I’ll try these right now.

Worked like a charm - thanks again! I really appreciate this level of support, particularly on a Sunday. :slight_smile:

(Another problem was that my custom cover was in a text file, so I imported it as an image file.)