Unexpected Right + Left Tab Behaviors[BUG LOGGED]

I think this behavior was originally discovered in the thread Weird glitch in character sheet template, but I thought I’d put it in a clear bug report on its own so it’s easier to track.

Description: After adding a right tab and left tab to simulate a “header column” and a “content column”, moving away from the file and returning to it will convert both tabs to right tabs. There is a workaround (although the workaround itself doesn’t make sense?): Removing the first right tab will make the file function as if it still had the right and left tab in place for the “header” and “content” columns.

Procedure:

1. I added a right tab and a left tab at roughly 2" and 3" on the ruler. In the file’s content, I tab once to move to the 2" right tab and type my “header”. I tab again to move to the 3" left tab and type my “content”.

tabs1.gif

2.I move away from the file and come back. Both tabs have become right tabs. (Not consistent; sometimes the tabs retain their original format. However, closing the project and reopening the project will definitely cause the tabs to become both right tabs."

tabs2.gif

1. I remove the first right tab on the bar, and for some reason, my content aligns itself as I intended.

tabs3.gif

Expected behavior: Tabs shouldn’t “convert” back to right tabs. However, for anyone wanting this format, step 3 seems to work as a workaround for now! :wink:

(also, the font went from size 10 to size 8 on its own, but I think that’s a font issue that has been covered elsewhere)

Excellent post thanks.