Uninstalled Scrivener 3 for Windows and it deleted registration for version 1

I entered the registration and it didn’t accept it. I requested the reg info from Paddle and received it, and it’s the same that I already entered. I’m back to the same old headache of getting this resolved. Your version 3 didn’t work, so I uninstalled, and now I can’t even use version one. Please resolve this. Thank you.

Hey, I’ve had the same problem! Installed Scrivener 3, license key was not accepted, requested reg info, but I was told I ‘had no purchase history’ and it’s now blocked me on the version I installed back in November too. Sent a support ticket, but it’s been a week and I’ve had no response.
Sorry this isn’t much help for you, but I just thought you should know you’re not alone with this problem. Hope it gets resolved soon.

If you haven’t seen a response to your support ticket in a timely manner, please check your junk mail folder.

I opened a support ticket for version 1. They updated my email address, and recommended I enter the registration while in Safe Mode. I did and it worked. If you have registration and other serious problems don’t post here. Just go to support and open a ticket. They’ll fix it.