Unknown Error Messages Re Scrivener & Dropbox

That’s right. I’m only using Dropbox to back up all my Scrivener files that are held in a back up folder. Removing the current project from the back up folder would also take it out of Dropbox reducing my protection. But it is backed up daily to Time Machine and iDrive and I could also copy it to a flash drive when I finish working each day. Good idea. If it happens again, I’ll do that.

Great, I hope that helps with these annoying messages.

If you’re pointing your zipped backups to DropBox, than that should be sufficient for “off-site” backups of your specific in-progress project. (No need to store your live project files there too.) That is, as long as Scrivener is actually producing zipped backups, which it only will if you close your project or take manual backups. As it sounds like you are in crunch mode and may not be closing things down regularly, you might want to set Scriv up to take manual backups when you do CMD+S or whatever it is one does on a Mac, when one makes manual saves. You set that up in preferences, same place as where you tell Sciv where to store your backups. And then once or twice a day, more often if you’re anal like me, you can do CMD+S and know that you just took a zipped backup (complete snapshot) of your important project.

Best,
Jim

Thanks, Jim.