Update fail and impossible to reinstall or use Scrivener

I recently upgraded to Scrivener 1.9.6.0 from the previous version. I’ve used it for a few days, but suddenly it’s simply not working. It loads, but then gets stuck, doesn’t ever get unstuck, endless circling. I’ve tried re-installing it from your download button, but the installation process always stops working at “creating uninstaller 75%” stage. So I can’t even reinstall this version. I’m very upset. I can’t access any of my files or do any work. I would like to go back to the previous version, but I can’t even do that. So please help me, and quickly.

I use Windows 10, btw. I had no problem with the previous version. I didn’t like the changed screen display on the new install, so I disabled it, as instructed. It worked fine at first, until this.

I wrote the above to L&L, and their autobot reply was that they would take 2-3 days to reply. No wonder, if I’m not the only one experiencing these problems with their update.

Semi-good news. I found a link in someone else’s post below to a download install for version 1.9.0. I installed it and things work fine. I won’t install any more updates until you can assure me you have the bugs fixed.

literatureandlatte.com/scri … ersion-1_9