Upgrade going to wrong file path, can't change

I have been attempting to upgrade to 1.2.1.0.

It keeps trying to install to a non-existent directory C:\Program Files\Scrivener_beta

I did have such a directory once, for betas 5 and 7, but I uninstalled it and deleted the left over folder. I then restarted my computer. In all of my upgrade attempts, I have only opened the official scrivener (C:\Program Files\Scrivener) and tried updating from within. Update still wants to install to the non-existent beta folder.

I tried moving the update file from the temp folder to the actual install folder of the official scrivener. Still wants to install to the non-existent beta. I finally let the install run, and that’s when I discovered it will just make its own “Scrivener_Beta” directory since I don’t have one.

So–is update 1.2.1.0 actually a beta?

Or is it screwed up?

Since I don’t see a link on the website – in the technical support page or as a sticky in the windows forum (did I miss it?) – Where should I look for an official version? My official scrivener program led me to 1.2.1.0 when I told it to check for updates. Did it lead me astray?

Could you try with this direct download link? For future reference, the latest official version can always be downloaded from the main website—easiest way to do so is to use the link at the top-right of every single page.

It’s an odd result, the betas do not install in a special location ordinarily. They install right over the main copy, so I’m not sure why it’s acting funny like that, but I just ran the update myself a few hours ago and it went smoothly into the correct folder. So maybe it is a problem with the copy that gets downloaded with the update notification.