Upgrade to 1.52 has killed Scrivener

At the moment I’m still running Leopard, though the Snow Leopard install disc is sitting there waiting to be… installed.

Opened up Scrivener and got the ‘An update is available’ message, so clicked on it. The download only took a couple of minutes, and then I hit ‘Install & relaunch’.
It started chugging away.

Two hours later, it’s still chugging, and I’m thinking ‘something’s not right here…’

I quit out of Scrivener and tried to relaunch, but I got a message (and I can’t remember exactly what it said) along the lines of :

Can’t launch application as it’s not compatible with this architecture’

The Scrivener icon now has a ‘No entry’ (circle with a diagonal stripe) across it.

I’m going to install Snow Leopard tonight and see if that makes any difference. Fortunately, I don’t have any ongoing projects in Scrivener, so I’m guessing - worst case scenario - that after SL is installed, I can trash Scrivener and download it again? Is that ok? I still have my registration key.

/fingers (and everything else) crossed

Hi,

A few users have reported this error. It just means that the updater has failed for some reason - possibly there is a permissions issue on your machine that refused to let it relaunch or finish writing to the temporary cache. Either way, it’s easy enough to fix - just re-download from the main product page (the “Download Now” button) and re-install; that should get you up and running again.

All the best,
Keith

Excellent!

Thanks for the swift reply, Keith.

No problem. Let me know if you have any more problems.
All the best,
Keith

…and all is well again!

Cheers!