Upgraded to 3 now have questions

Hi,
I upgraded to Scrivener 3 today. I had been using the trial for a couple of weeks and took the plunge today.

The upgrade was done on my windows laptop. My question for this device is, do I delete the old Scrivener software or leave them both on Windows?

My second question is, how do I get the upgraded version on my iPad? Each time I try to download the Scrivener app on ios it opens the old version.

Thank you, Rebecca

Save old projects separate old save location and then open every old project and upgrade project to new format. After that then delete old scrivener program

You mean the trial of V3 or Scrivener1 ?
The trial will turn into the full fledge (non expiring) version once you enter your serial etc. So no need to reinstall anything.

Scrivener V1 you can leave if you feel like using it again, that shouldn’t be a problem.

My second question is, how do I get the upgraded version on my iPad? Each time I try to download the Scrivener app on ios it opens the old version.

The iOS app is a completely separate app. If the App Store doesn’t offer you a newer version, you already have the most current one. Also, it can read both the old (Scrivener 1) and the new (Scrivener 3) file format, so you’ll be fine.

Good morning,
Thank you for replying. To better understand if I am using an older version of Scrivener on my iPad and it updates to Dropbox - then later I open my Windows laptop with the new version of Scrivener and it accesses my Dropbox files, would that create a compatibility issue?

Hi,
I initially had on my Windows laptop: An older version of Scrivener and the trial version of the new Scrivener. Yesterday, I purchased the new version of Scrivener. The old version is still on my laptop (I opened it from its icon) plus now the new version has an icon on my screen.

The old Scrivener version did not update or merge with the new. I have two separate versions.

Thank you,

Then just get rid of the old one. (If really present. I suspect that by reinstalling, you ended up with a desktop icon, but have only one version of Scrivener V3 installed.)

Note that if you had options settings or toolbar customizations, you might want to transfer that first. (If not too late already.)

To better understand if I am using an older version of Scrivener on my iPad and it updates to Dropbox - then later I open my Windows laptop with the new version of Scrivener and it accesses my Dropbox files, would that create a compatibility issue?

No. If I remember correctly, to only way that you could run into compatibility issues was when you created a new project with the iPad app and then tried to open it in Windows Scrivener 1. But since you’re on Scrivener 3 now, that’s no longer an issue. You’ll be able to sync back and forth just fine.