Upgrading from scrivener 2 to scrivener 3

I just upgraded from scrivener 2 to scrivener 3 and opened a project I had been working on, and I got a message about synchronizing. I agreed. When I opened it, all of my text was gone. What do I do to take my old scrivener 2 files and use them on scrivener 3?

Thanks!
– Doug

Without seeing the error message, it’s difficult to know what might have happened. I’d suggest the following:

• Scrivener 3 would have made a backup of your Scrivener 2 project. It will have a name like My Project backup.scriv and will be located in the same folder as the original. Open that with Scrivener 2 and confirm that it is intact. Close Scrivener.

• If you use any other devices with Scrivener, make sure changes from those devices have been synchronized. Open the project in Scrivener 2 again and confirm that it’s up to date. Make a backup using the File -> Backup -> Backup To command. Close Scrivener 2.

• Open the project in Scrivener 3. If your text is still “missing,” select a couple of documents in the Binder to make sure it isn’t just a matter of the project display settings being different. If it’s not, open a support ticket:
    literatureandlatte.com/contact-us

If you haven’t already, I’d recommend taking a look at our upgrade guide for Scrivener 2 users, here:
literatureandlatte.com/scri … date-guide

Katherine