First, I’ll redescribe my UP/DL process.
I used an external HD that has the capability to DL docs from Word on my PC then upload to MacBook Pro, and then–frankly can’t remember how I did it–those files (docs) were UL’d into Scrivener.
Perhaps I UL’d into wrong area in Scrivener.
Second, here it the confounding process:
Result of snapshotting the screen to the right of the left vertical toolbar. This is what was pasted, not what I snapshot, which was the list of all subfolders under the main folder.
Marcus Porcius Cato on Agriculture: Marcus Terentius Varro on Agriculture<<
Because I can’t get the snapshot to you I’ll have to try to describe what I see.
Click “Scrivener” icon from list of Mac apps
Click “Open existing file”
Click folder “Berenice” (working title of novel)
Berenice folder appear with all subfols.
Binder now shows this:
DEVICE (pale gray) beneath it subfolders
Mac…HD (Bold font)
SHARED (pale gray)
hayes (my last name)
roz-2db22fcee2 (roz my nickname)
Places (pale gray)
On right is “Berenice” are all the subfolders within which are very many files.
Most of the subfolders are grayed out and can’t be opened.
Bold fonted subfolders can be clicked and then all the files within are shown, but most are gray and can’t be opened.
As I said, when I took snapshots of the folders under “Berenice” I only got the above, which is a file title in one of the subfolders’s files.
Hopefully, the above is not too confusing.
I have hundreds of pages of research within “Berenice” . These appear as subfolders. When I figure out how to do it, I want to move all of them to the Binder “Research” , and then follow all of the steps to make corkboards and synopses, etc.
Thanks for taking the time to work through this with me.