Urgent! Registered Scrivener but I can't get it to open scrivener files.

Hi All!

Some urgent help is needed as I publish my first book this weekend, so obviously, this is when Scrivener has decided to do strange things to me.

I finished the trial and bought the registration yesterday. It was all working fine last night. But I closed the app and my mac. Now today, I can open Scrivener but it won’t open any files. It does say that it’s opening the latest draft of my manuscript - it goes through the uploading bar - but I just can’t see it and it’s not in a separate window in my menu bar at the bottom.

I’ve also discovered today that I can’t close Scrivener by any of the usual options - only force quit works.

And I’ve also realized that trying to open a file, the finder window doesn’t pop up??

This is all so bizarre. Can any of you help? I have proofing changes I need to make to the final manuscript ahead of publishing and this is burning up what little time I have.

I’m on Mac OS X 10.6.8 (I mean to upate the OS after my book is published).

Here’s hoping…

Thanks, Coco.

For urgent items, best to email Support.

https://www.literatureandlatte.com/support.php

You mention that even Finder is having difficulties working properly. It’s very unlikely there is something wrong with Scrivener in that case, and more likely the whole system needs repair or restoration from a backup. And if you haven’t backed it up recently, I would do that immediately, before trying anything else—it’s better to be safe than sorry, and so forth!