Usage question: Synopsis and text for SmartSearch

Is there any reason one should avoid using smart the various fields that are attached to a smart search?

In case you’re wondering, here’s why I ask:

I’m considering using smart searches as documents for each of my “Threads” (i.e. themes, characters, motifs etc) The plan is to keep a general description, notes, to dos etc with the search itself (as if it was a regular folder), to create a keyword for the thread and apply to all the appropriate notes, and have a keyword search gather them.
So if I have a thread called “Polonius”, say, a general description of the old ass is in the search’s synopsis, some current notes and to dos are in the text, some less important material is in the notes etc etc. If I want to see all the notes that are tagged (oops keyworded Polonius then I just double click on the Smart Search Icon.
Now you might rightly not see the point in this, but to this Devonthink-addled mind it almost feels like having aliases and keeps things nice and neat.
The only drawback is that I can’t keep the search/threads in one or more folder, for some reason they want to live only at the top level. Other than that, it works for me.

Or does it? Again: is there a problem with this?

E

There shouldn’t be a problem. Remember that you cannot convert smart search files to regular files or folders, though, so the text is stuck in them.

Incidentally, smart searches are kept at the top level to avoid confusion. If you could put them inside folders, you would be able to see them in the corkboard or outliner views, and when you double clicked on their icons, they would suddenly change the contents of the binder. They are thus limited to the binder because they affect the contents of the binder.

Best,
Keith

Ahh, I think I see. Maybe this is not such a good idea after all.
Thx,
E