UserManual.pdf needs a more descriptive name

This is NOT a bug, but IS something to fix at some point.

The Scrivener 2 user manual file name is UserManual.pdf

So in a PDF reader (I tested Adobe Reader and Skim), the window name is… UserManual.pdf

On a day when I have dozens of windows open, especially if I’m troubleshooting software and have a bunch of other PDF manuals open, keeping track of a window labeled UserManual.pdf is unnecessarily difficult.

If I open the Scrivener 2 package and change the file name, the link from the Help menu in Scrivener stops working.

Please with the next upgrade would you change the file name to something sensible like Scrivener User Manual.pdf, Scrivener-User-Manual.pdf, or Scrivener_User_Manual.pdf? (Or even ScrivenerUserManual.pdf, though it’s harder to read).

Thanks!

The other issue with the name UserManual.pdf is that it makes the Scrivener manual hard to find in my PDF reader’s Open Recent menu.

I’ve renamed it “Scrivener User Manual.pdf” for the next update.
All the best,
Keith

Keith, you are a gem! Thank you!

All the best,
Joy

Hey, be glad they don’t use our internal titles: 2_2-01c-manual-letter.pdf!

I think customers are being unreasonable and disloyal by having more than one piece of software on their computers.

Here’s to ScrivenerOS

Herr Schweinkotflügel’
A friendly word of caution. Try and be more discerning with the contents of one’s post. I have it on good authority, that Ms Joy is a ladies Thai Kickboxing Champion. :frowning:
Take care
Fluff

She’d have to be bloody good to kick me from over there!

OW! Dammit!

What the…?

LOL!

I have long legs. :wink:

Careful, Joy, you’ll get Vic-k excited … not always a good idea!

:laughing:

Mark

Mr. X,

I fear you have made a huge error. I believe you intended to type “never” instead of the “not” that has appeared in your post.

It is always a grave mistake. Before you know it, the thread is swarming with cats, and demonic doppelgängers.

And thongs.

Oddly Mr K has managed to get all those referenced in this thread without actually doing anything. Is it Mr K that is the issue or is he simply our excuse?

I think we might conclude that Mr K — since this is a virtual world we’re in, we might question the assumption that he actually exists as a person rather than a series of manifestations — is the forum’s equivalent of a “dangerous meme”!

:smiling_imp:

X

Edit: “dangerous”, should perhaps be read in the sense of “subversive”.

What is our record for taking a thread off topic? Are we approaching a new one here?

Although I do think have in '10 I had one off at the second post. That would be hard to beat.

This is page 2 you know! :unamused: :wink:

You mean that neither you nor vic-k have taken a thread OT in the first post? Now I’m impressed. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll try to do better for you next time.