Using my X-Keys with Scrivener

I have an X-Keys supplemental key strip that I have a number of specialty characters programmed into. When I try to use it, Scrivener will only print one character. Any other character I try to use is just the first character repeated. Does anyone have any idea why this is? My X-Keys works normally with every other program I have.

For example, I can press the ñ key and get proper output, but if I later press the © key, I will get another ñ. If I want to use one of the more complicated text inputs I have programmed in, such as my street address, it just repeatedly prints the first character. As you can see, this forum recognized my X-Keys input just fine.

This is an odd effect. I would appreciate any help I can get.

I don’t have any idea what the problem could be, but I imagine it would help people who might understand it to have your Windows version and Scrivener version. I did a quick look at xkeys.com, and this seems like a very interesting piece of technology!

I have the latest version of Scrivener (I am still in the trial period) and my OS is Windows 10.

Yes, X-Keys is wonderful. I got it for myself as a present when I graduated college with my BA degree. It makes life so much easier, especially when writing.

You might want to check with X-Keys tech support, actually. It could have to do with how their software sends keystrokes to other programs, and few if any here will know anything about that. I took a look at their FAQs, and it looks promising.