Using Scrivener across multiple machines

Hi,

I am about to purchase Scrivener for Windows but have just one last question - can I install Scrivener on more than one machine?

Or if not, if I install it on one (old) laptop can I then transfer the license to another (new) laptop in a few weeks? I am about to upgrade my lappy and need the reassurance that I can transfer my new software. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your advice

D

Thanks for your interest in Scrivener! The license allows you to install and register the program on multiple computers you own, so there’s no problem installing it on both your laptops. You might want to check out this knowledge base article for installing on additional machines if you want to copy settings from your first computer to the second (not necessary, but handy if you’ve made a lot of tweaks to the settings).

I hope the upgrade goes smoothly! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the advice!

Does this license transfer include from Windows to OSX and vice versa?

No, you need different licences for Mac and Windows versions. Though I think I remember reading somewhere that if you move permanently from one to the other you can contact Lit and Latte support to have your license changed - but that means you won’t be able to use it on the original platform anymore.

OK, that’s what I wanted clarification on… I plan on moving lock stock and laptop to Mac in the early part of next year.

Thanks for the answer!

meta: installing scrivener on second laptop, additional laptop, different platform…

thanks