Using Scrivener on Surface Pro 3

I’ve read a couple of topics about the use of Scrivener on Surfaces so it seems to be possible, but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to actually install Scrivener onto my Surface Pro! I’ve tried downloading it from the website, but get an error message that all software has to be installed through the Windows Store. But I can’t find Scrivener in the Windows Store. Not sure where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’m currently using Scrivener on my windows laptop and have installed DropBox so I might be able to switch between writing on my laptop and my surface. Now if only I could figure out how to write using my surface!

It sounds like you’re using Windows RT, which had that “Windows Store Only” restriction. I didn’t think RT came on the Pro 3 at all, though it might have on the 3. If you’re sure it’s a Pro 3 that you’re using, I’d contact Microsoft support as something doesn’t sound right. A Pro 3 is what I use and Scrivener runs very well…

Windows RT has not come on Surfaces since the Surface 2 (non Pro model). I own the Surface 3 (also non Pro model) and it originally shipped with Windows 8.1. The Surface 3 Pro originally came with the same, I believe and later production run Surface 3 (both types) Surface 4 Pro (there is no non Pro version of the 4), and the Surface Book all shipped with Windows 10.

Just to be clear, which website are you trying to download it from?

literatureandlatte.com/trial.php is the page you want to go to.

The Windows download link takes you here:
scrivener.s3.amazonaws.com/Scriv … taller.exe