I thought someone would like to know about this. Thought it was a good test of how to break the program and it did “break”.
I am using an Ubuntu 10.04, i386, desktop computer. I am a new user of Scrivener. I installed both Linux and Windows versions. The Linux version gives an error box and a chance to change the name. The Windows version crashes Wine and hangs the program.
Here is how I created the error.
- I created a new project from a blank template.
- I needed different stuff in the project.
- Without closing the project I just created, I opened the new project window.
- I made the name the same and to go into the same directory.
- When I hit the create button I received this message: “Program Error” The program Scrivener.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
If you need any other info I will attempt to provide it.
Thank you for your time.